Yeahhhh… I didn’t cook anything today. No, wait- I made bacon this morning. And toast! But that’s it. Isla and I met Brian for lunch at Green Papaya, and then late this afternoon the kids and I met friends at the pool and ended up just eating dinner there. SO, how about a beauty post instead??
You guys know that I’m a makeup/beauty product junkie, which is funny because half the time I’m barefaced with a greasy ponytail. Sexy! But I do love new (to me) products, so here’s what I’ve been loving this summer- makeup, hair, skincare, fragrance:
1. Benefit Big Easy Liquid to Powder Foundation- I don’t wear foundation often, but I got a sample of this when I purchased Benefit’s They’re Real Push-Up Liner (suuuuuuuuucks) and really like it! I wear this when we go out or when I want to look a little less like a trainwreck. It’s not super thick so it doesn’t make my freckles look weird, and it does a great job of controlling oil.
2. Josie Maran Matchmaker Powder Foundation- I kind of grew to love this. When I first bought it, I wasn’t a huge fan- but it’s pretty perfect for summer when you want to control shine and kind of even things out. If you don’t want a ton of coverage, use a big fluffy brush to apply… if you want more, use the pad that comes with it. I’m on my 2nd compact, and it’s really rare for me to re-buy products. So yay.
3. Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Oil- Can you tell I love Josie Maran products? I bought this after seeing a gorgeous makeup tutorial by Maskcara where she used it to give a really natural glow to cheeks and lips. It’s SUPER moisturizing and gives a dewy finish to cheeks. I usually set it with a little loose powder and the blush stays all day. I like it on lips too- it’s very hydrating and the color is gorgeous, but you do have to reapply pretty frequently. Don’t be freaked out by the intense color (I have it in Always Cherry)- you just need a teeny, tiny dab and it sheers out nicely.
4. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Light/Medium Matte Bronzer- It’s a bronzer that smells like chocolate. THE END. No, but really I love this because a lot of bronzers contain shimmer, which I do not need in the summer. I’m already shiny enough, thanks. This is matte and isn’t too dark for my pasty skin. And it smells like chocolate.
5. See that sad little nubbin of a pencil?? It’s my Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow Stick and it will be a SAD DAY when it is gone. They’ve discontinued it and kind of reformulated into these Aquamatic Shadow Sticks, which are glittery and NOT the same. This is the perfect bronzey copper color and it stays on forever. I originally found it on this everyday warm smokey eye tutorial by Pink Pistachio and then bought it in like 5 colors.
6. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream- I love CeraVe, so I was really excited to spot their eye cream at the drugstore. My eyes are pretty sensitive and a lot of products sting and make them puffy, but this is really soothing and absorbs quickly. I apply it in the AM and can put on makeup within 5 minutes.
Now comes the Stuff That Smells Amazing section.
I’m big about smells. I use those stupid Downy Unstoppables because they make our laundry smell soooooo goooooood (probably due to a thousand unpronounceable chemicals), I buy the seasonal Method cleaning products as soon as they hit shelves (Honeycrisp Apple! Sea Salt Lime!), and Brian has officially banned me from buying more Scentsy bricks. Wah. So scent definitely factors in when I’m buying products… and these are all delightful.
7. Davines OI/All-in-One Milk- I got a tiny packet in a Birchbox and as soon as I opened it was like HOLY MOLY WHAT IS THIS?? I don’t even care what it does. I want it. It smells so clean and fresh, and it really does smooth out frizz and add shine without making my hair greasy. Loves it.
8. Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Silkening Body Wash- Okay, this stuff is less than $3 at Wal-Mart and smells incredible. I use the lotion, too. I don’t really know how to describe it- clean but a little spicy? It’s niiiice.
9. Hello by Harvey Prince- Another Birchbox find. It’s the perfect summer scent- citrusy with a little floral. I kept this little bottle in my gym bag, and every time I would spray it on in the locker room, someone would walk in and go, “What smells so good??“ The scent lasts a while, too. If you follow Harvey Prince on Instagram, they post coupon codes pretty frequently.
10. Jenna Hipp New Moderns- My friend Marie at Beauty’s Most Wanted sent me a couple of cool fall colors from the Jenna Hipp collection, but I had to snag this set when I saw it at Costco. It’s 8 gorgeous, flattering colors ranging from cream to oxblood. I’m particularly smitten with the dusty grey-purple shade. The polishes are Five Free (no hazardous chemicals or toxins) and last a surprisingly long time. I went almost a week with no chips. I actually love the tiny bottles because I never finish a bottle of polish before it starts to separate and go bad. Sorry, my photography skills obviously suck so check out the link for a better representation of the colors!!
I always feel like such a big dork when I do these random beauty posts, but I enjoy reading what other people are using so I figured I’d share too! Any great products I should try??
Tomorrow is my grandfather’s funeral and we have a full day of family stuff, followed by Isla’s school open house tomorrow night. I’ll do my best to post but I may be passed out from exhaustion by 9. If so, have an amazing Labor Day Weekend!