Ahoy, Pug

We ended up hanging out at the lake until about 3 this afternoon. Chloe had her first boat ride and she was a total champ! She just sat next to me in the seat or laid on the floor of the boat the entire time. I was a little nervous about how she would react to the sound/water; one time she rode with me when I drove through one of those gas station car washes, and the pug FREAKED OUT. And by freaked, I mean screamed like a small child and cowered in the floorboard. It was awful. But the boat she likes.

For a quick dinner, I whipped up a batch of Tofu Basil Pesto that was in an old Cooking Light (original recipe here). For our version, just throw the following ingredients into the food processor and puree:

• 6 oz silken tofu
  • 1 cup fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan
  • 1/8 cup blanched almond slivers, toasted
  • 2 Tbs lemon juice
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 garlic clove

We served it over mini gnocchi and steamed broccoli and topped it with a slice of chicken sausage (smoked mozzarella and artichoke flavor).

Brian’s at a friend’s house for a fantasy football draft (BOOOOOO), so I’m enjoying a nice little bowl of Dreyer’s Loaded Cookies and Cream and an episode of Jon & Kate Plus Eight.

I don’t know why I love this show so much, but I do…

This entry was posted in September 2008 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Ahoy, Pug

1. eatingbender says:

I’ve never seen that show but everyone raves about it! I feel like I’m missing something…

Can’t go wrong with Loaded ice cream – YUM! And that Tofu Basil Pesto looks really delicious, too :)

Love the pesto tofu.

Every time I watch that show, I get really anxious. I think it stresses me out just watching that many kids, let alone ever thinking about having that many…. :)

3. HangryPants says:

I heart John and Kate Plus 8!

What’s up with the silken tofu? How is different from the block?

Heather

4. heatherwlu says:

Rose- The show stresses me out, too- but I still can’t stop watching!!! Brian HATES it.

Heather- Silken tofu is just a lot softer than the firm variety… it still comes in the block, but the texture works better pureed in sauces or added to smoothies.

5. Danielle says:

Pesto Tofu, oh my gosh I would LOVE to make that! Thanks for the recipe!

ooh, i get sucked in to Jon & Kate +8, too! That tofu pesto is a great idea :)