Sicky Sick SICK

Last night I went to bed with a little tickle in my throat… which at 4 this morning had turned into FIRE and RAZORBLADES. It hurt so freaking bad. I ended up tossing and turning until 7, then called my professor to say that I most definitely would not be making it to class today. Luckily he was very nice and understanding, especially given that I was supposed to give a presentation this morning. I just emailed him the paper and will present next week instead.

This girl does not do well with being sick. I am whiny and pathetic and refuse to actually rest. Nothing sounded good this morning but soft foods seemed the most promising, so (duh) oats it was. But this time I got a little creative:

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin

Topped with:

• Almond butter
  • Honey
  • Sliced almonds
  • Dried cherries
  • 1/2 a crumbled praline left over from the NOLA trip

praoats

It’s like a party in a bowl!

Around noon I was back in bed, checking out some blogs when the front door opened (creepy). Luckily it was just my sweet, wonderful husband with a few get well goodies:

carepkg

Vitamin Water, some Sucrets popsicles, a video (Yes Man), and throat lozenges. He even made me a giant bowl of chicken noodle soup with extra noodles.

soup

How sweet is that? And then he had to drive all the way back to work.

I started feeling a little better later this afternoon so I made a trip to Home Depot and then planted a few flowers out front. BAD IDEA. Now I’m back to feeling like crap. We ended up just ordering Chinese takeout for dinner. I had moo goo gai pan, egg drop soup and an eggroll and had about two bites of everything but the eggroll.

chinese

Now we’re watching Yes Man and then I’m off to bed. Sorry for the super lame post- hopefully I’ll be more interesting tomorrow.

What’s your typical routine when you’re sick? Soup? Crappy TV? Vitamins?

This entry was posted in April 2009. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Sicky Sick SICK

1. lesouefsbrouilles says:

nyquil and conk out all day when I’m awak dayquil. it works! I’m out and about the next day!

2. runsarah says:

Just stopping by your blog for the first time! When I’m sick I try to stay in bed as much as possibe and I am always still hungry.

I love your pug…he is adorable!!

Heather–
    I feel your pain (literally)! I woke up with the same razor blades yesterday…turns out I have ear infections in BOTH ears! Yuk!
    Hope you feel better :)

I take in large quantities of 7-Up and Lipton’s Cream of Chicken soup. I find that things like ice cream and frozen yogurt find their way into my freezer as well. I want pure comfort when I am sick.

Points for Brian for getting you some sicky meds.

There’s nothing better than gaterade and crackers when I’m sick.

6. Patty Barteau says:

Aaron has the same thing. His throat hurts really bad and he has a head full of gunk. I’ve been loading him up on zinc lozenges. I’ve got some homeade turkey soup in the freezer that I might add some noodles to for him to have when he gets home from school. Hope you’re doing better today.

7. Jill says:

hope you are feeling better!!

Mommy is not allowed to get sick. I just chug through it and hope for the best. Thankfully I do not get sick often – I feel the need to go knock on wood. I hope you feel better.
    Brian you are a sweet husband.

9. Marie says:

i drink gallons of water.. and then i try to cram mucinex dm and tylenol liquid cool burst.. its my new found get well fast medicine…

get well soon!!!!

10. SallyAnn says:

Heather,

I hope you feel better! I am such a baby when I am sick, especially when my throat is sore. I am glad that you got the popcorn and chips. The chips are my FAVORITE, super yummy. However, they are NOT good sick food. Eat lots of ice cream; that is always my “healing” food! :)

feel better!!! oranges galore :) and of course my couch! if i had chloe there’d be lots of cuddling, too…

12. Heather says:

Awwww, you poor thing! Get better! I HATE being sick (well… duh!). I don’t know how it is there, but at least it’s been sort of cold and cloudy here- you won’t feel like you’re trapped inside sick on a pretty day!

13. Kathy says:

Brian is raising the bar for the rest of the husbands out there! Hope you’re feeling better!!