75% There

Thanks for all of the get well wishes! I’m feeling a little better today. It seems like mornings are the worst for the sore throat, then I start to feel better as the day progresses. I’m still pretty congested, though, despite loads of vitamin C, Zyrtec and a sinus rinse. Blech.

I realized around 10 last night that I had 2 computer exercises due between today and tomorrow, meaning that I had to head to campus today. Lame. No worries, though, because I was awoken early anyway by some 1-800-Got-Junk guys (I spied on them through the blinds) that our next door neighbors hired to pick up some of their… um, junk. They were very loudly discussing Liam Neeson (??) in the driveway, which happens to be right next to our bedroom. Awesome.

Anyway, I made a fun bowl of oats this morning: blackberries, cashew butter, almonds and chocolate chips. And the rest of the Vitamin Water from yesterday.

vitoats

The computer exercises ended up being pretty painless and I stopped by Newflower for some dinner fixin’s afterwards. Then my mom called to see if I wanted to meet for lunch at Jason’s Deli. I had the salad bar and vegetable soup (no photos, sorry… my cameraphone is all janky).

Chloe had a playdate today! My mom brought Sophie over and let her hang out for a while.

chlosph

Chloe and Sophie love each other… sometimes a little too much, in Chloe’s case. But that’s another story. Look at her cute little backfat rolls! Aww, squishy pug.

For the past week I’ve been tempted to make cookies just so I could eat the dough. Today I settled on the Supercharge Me Cookies from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.

cookies1

These are GOOD. They’re more dense than most cookies, but full of goodies: coconut, oats, chocolate chips, raisins, maple syrup. And I only ate a few bites of the dough.

For dinner I made another recipe from the same cookbook: Garlicky Broccoli, Corn and Bean Burritos. The recipe uses a lot of pots and pans. Food processor for the black beans, skillet for the veggies, baking dish for the burritos… BUT I’d say it was worth it. Particularly since Brian does the dishes.

burrito1

Served with limes and a side of orange slices.

burrito2

burrito3

And for dessert: cookies and milk, of course!

cookies2

What are you reading right now?

I’m rereading Garlic and Sapphires for book club, and I’m also getting into Devil in the White City just for fun. So many books, so little time.

This entry was posted in April 2009 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to 75% There

I’m working my way through piles of magazines right now. I could use a good book to read. Any suggestions?

Aww Heather Feather hope you are 100% today!

I always eat dough – I almost prefer it to the cookies. :D

3. marie says:

Hope you feel 100% soon.

I’m reading Fatally Flaky by Diane Mott Davidson. Mysteries make for great elliptical reading.

4. Matt says:

House of Cards by William Cohan. It is about the Bear Stearns meltdown. It’s pretty interesting, but I wouldn’t suggest reading it unless you have an interest in finance or how quickly things can fall apart for a huge investment bank.

Matt, I’m sure you’ve read it, but “When Genius Failed” is another good book in that same vein.

Readers beware: those borritos are potent when it comes to black beans, corn, broccoli & fiber tortillas. Have the beano ready.

6. Carolyn says:

Since you’re reading G&S… My friend/coworker cat-sits for RR fairly often and always searches for her wigs, but no luck. :)

So glad that you are feeling a bit better. I hope that you are 100% soon.
    Those Super Charge Me Cookies sound yum.

Awww, a playdate. Too cute. Glad you are feeling a bit better.
    I am reading Molly Wizenberg’s book – A HOMEMADE LIFE.

9. Allison says:

I am LOVING Garlic and Sapphires. I’m not gonna lie, I was questioning if I would at first, but I can’t put it down. I love memoirs. Great pick Heather!

glad you’re feeling better! those burritos sound good, and i know those cookies are pretty darn amazing :)

i’m reading animal, vegetable, miracle right now and love it!

11. Joy says:

I just started reading My Mistress’s Sparrow is Dead. It’s a collection of love stories compiled by Jeffrey Eugenides. Light and fluffy it is not, but so far I’m liking it. Heather, if you haven’t read it, you need to borrow it when I’m done!