Aww, Is This A Fight Club?

Yeah, remember when I said that I was feeling better? Hmm? That was wrong. Very, VERY wrong. The throat is okay, but now my head is congested, my ears are stopped up, and I feel even more spaced out than usual. Sweet.

Newflower had strawberries for $1, so they were featured prominently in this morning’s oats- along with a crumbled Supercharge Me Cookie:

berryoats

I finally got myself together to go run a few errands this afternoon, but first I stopped by my parents’ house to use their printer. I was SUPER excited to find a giant bowl of my mom’s couscous salad in the fridge:

couscous

She mixes the couscous with corn, chopped tomatoes, green onions, black beans, cilantro and some kind of tangy dressing. Really, really good- especially when you add chopped grilled chicken, too. I snarfed 2 bowls before Gina got home.

After raiding their fridge, I headed to World Market to use a coupon, then Super Target for some essentials, then back home to watch Oprah (Did anyone else watch?? I was kind of mortified) while converting recipes for class. Tomorrow is appetizer day; we’re making all kinds of stuff- most of it deep-fried:

• Grilled Tuna with Sauce Vierge and Spinach
  • Crab Cakes with Remoulade
  • Fried Calamari
  • Shrimp & Veggie Tempura
  • Roasted Scallops Wrappen in Prosciutto
  • Spinach Boreks
  • Chicken Wings
  • Smoked Chicken Purses with Sun-dried Tomatoes
  • Chicken Satay
  • Egg Rolls

A veritable happy hour, eh? All that’s missing is the Blue Moon. That’s a LOT fo recipes to type up. I’m actually still not finished.

For dinner I heated up a slice of leftover pizza:

pizza3

And during class I also had a hot chocolate… the room was freezing.

Off to watch The Office and finish up recipes. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Weekend plans?

• Friday night- dinner with Zach.
  • Saturday- super exciting breakfast trip (more on that Monday!), working on the yard/house
  • Saturday night- Stock the Bar shower for one of Bri’s law school friends
  • Sunday- Family b-day party… busy weekend.

Chloe and Piper’s weekend plans?

This.

chloebed

This entry was posted in April 2009. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Aww, Is This A Fight Club?

Stock the Bar showers are so much fun!

Sucks that you still feel bad :( Have you ever tried acupuncture or ozone therapy? I’m sorta weird about trying alternative “medical” procedures, but lots of people swear by it. Maybe they do work…(?)

I hope you get to feeling better. It sucks being sick over the weekend.

M and I are going to visit his Dad this weekend. I’m going to make s’more brownies (posted on Joy the Baker’s website) and guacamole to soak up all of the beer. Lots of beer drinking and golf takes place when we visit M’s Dad (fun!).

On Sunday, it’s enchiladas all the way. El Fenix, here we come!

My weekend plans are the same as Chloe and Piper. :)

4. Kathy says:

Yep, my plans are looking a lot like Chloe’s and Piper’s too, especially if it’s rainy/cloudy/gray! (actually may have to take some time Sat AM to watch my son’s lacrosse game – they only get canceled if there’s lightning – REAL men, doncha know!?)

If you’re referring to the Oprah on teens and sex, I watched part of it but taped it to see the rest …. Just had to find out how these parents justified themselves. I was a bit flabbergasted myself but glad that the kids were at least TALKing to their parents before doing anything!

5. helpmeghanrun says:

Sorry you’re not feeling better :( But maybe all that tasty food can help! And Chloe is just adorable!

Check out my blog as I run with Team in Training and raise money for blood cancers!

Oh my god that episode was so funny. Have you watched the show before the office yet? Parks and Recreation I think. I haven’t.

I am sorry you’re still sick. Feel better.

Let’s see. This weekend it’s supposed to be nice here, so I hope to play outside a bit!

7. Kathy says:

I’m thinking Gina’s couscous recipe is sounding really good …. Would she share what “tangy dressing” she puts on it? I’d like to try making it …

Would also like to know what she puts on her caprese salad that you’ve talked about a couple of times recently …. Have never made that either but would like to.

8. heatherwlu says:

Kathy- I’ll try to track the couscous recipe down from my mom! As far as the caprese salad- just sliced tomatoes, mozzarella, cucumbers, and drizzle with olive oil and white balsamic. Easy!