Yeah, remember when I said that I was feeling better? Hmm? That was wrong. Very, VERY wrong. The throat is okay, but now my head is congested, my ears are stopped up, and I feel even more spaced out than usual. Sweet.
Newflower had strawberries for $1, so they were featured prominently in this morning’s oats- along with a crumbled Supercharge Me Cookie:
I finally got myself together to go run a few errands this afternoon, but first I stopped by my parents’ house to use their printer. I was SUPER excited to find a giant bowl of my mom’s couscous salad in the fridge:
She mixes the couscous with corn, chopped tomatoes, green onions, black beans, cilantro and some kind of tangy dressing. Really, really good- especially when you add chopped grilled chicken, too. I snarfed 2 bowls before Gina got home.
After raiding their fridge, I headed to World Market to use a coupon, then Super Target for some essentials, then back home to watch Oprah (Did anyone else watch?? I was kind of mortified) while converting recipes for class. Tomorrow is appetizer day; we’re making all kinds of stuff- most of it deep-fried:
- Grilled Tuna with Sauce Vierge and Spinach
- Crab Cakes with Remoulade
- Fried Calamari
- Shrimp & Veggie Tempura
- Roasted Scallops Wrappen in Prosciutto
- Spinach Boreks
- Chicken Wings
- Smoked Chicken Purses with Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Chicken Satay
- Egg Rolls
A veritable happy hour, eh? All that’s missing is the Blue Moon. That’s a LOT fo recipes to type up. I’m actually still not finished.
For dinner I heated up a slice of leftover pizza:
And during class I also had a hot chocolate… the room was freezing.
Off to watch The Office and finish up recipes. Hope you guys have a great weekend!
- Friday night- dinner with Zach.
- Saturday- super exciting breakfast trip (more on that Monday!), working on the yard/house
- Saturday night- Stock the Bar shower for one of Bri’s law school friends
- Sunday- Family b-day party… busy weekend.
Chloe and Piper’s weekend plans?