The Whole Enchilada

It’s really starting to feel like summer here in TX! Yesterday when I got into my car, the dash said that it was 90 degrees. I always get excited when it seems like summer’s on it’s way- remind me of this when it’s 110 in July, m’kay?

This morning oats didn’t sound very good, so I pulled out a container of Stonyfield Farms Apple Pie Yogurt and mixed it with Peanut Butter Puffins (LOVE THESE), sliced strawberries and almonds:

puffins

I wasn’t a big fan of the yogurt. It was really runny and kept dribbling off the spoon. But the strawberries and Puffins were good!

My mom asked me to meet her at Mi Cocina for lunch. There’s one right up the street from us and we used to go all the time. I guess we just got tired of eating there, but today reminded me of how much I love their food. I had the Enchiladas Modern with chicken and latin stir fry (the enchiladas are buried under the veggies):

micocina

Yummy. I ate two of the enchiladas and brought the other home… which Brian promptly snarfed after work.

The rest of the afternoon was spent working on a project for my Intro to Hospitality class and baking cupcakes for a baby shower. I used the Magnolia Bakery Vanilla Birthday Cake recipe along with their Vanilla Buttercream, tinted blue and dusted with clear sanding sugar. The toppers are from Cake Carousel.

showercup1

showercpck2

cpck3

Once Brian got home we watched the latest episode of Food Network Challenge: Last Cake Standing. Have I mentioned how much I love Bronwen Weber? She’s brilliant and I’m definitely pulling for her to win. She always seems so cool and collected during the challenges (unlike some of the other contestants) AND she’s a Dallas gal. Not native, but still.

Then we took a walk around the neighborhood and headed to dinner at Souper Salad. I’m sorry to say that I ate ALL of this. Salad, soup, mac and cheese, slice of pizza.

soupersalad

And I may or may not have gone back for ice cream.

Off to shower and then bedtime. I got an exciting package in the mail last week from Buitoni, so look for a product review tomorrow!

What’s your favorite (or least favorite) Food Network show?

Ace of Cakes! And you know I love me some Giada, too.

This entry was posted in April 2009 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to The Whole Enchilada

1. lesouefsbrouilles says:

those cupcakes are SOOO adorable!

ace of cakes would have to be my least favorite, diners drive ins and dives is my favorite food network show! giada and barefoot contessa is up there too.

Whenever I go to Mi Cocina, I like to order the egg dishes. Back in my single days, Friday was always take-out from Mi Cocina along with a couple of DVD’s (I know, real winner). I ate through the entire menu. The only thing left for me to go after were the egg dishes. So good.

I love the travel shows on Food Network; Diners Drive-in’s & Dives, Tasty Travels and Giada’s Getaway Weekends.

i HATE sandra lee :) love the cupcakes!!

I’ve been watching that Food Network Challenge too. I wish I could bake and decorate cakes like that. Your cupcakes are so cute!!
    I like to watch Triple D, Good Eats, Iron Chef, anything with Giada. Unfortunately I don’t get to watch my favorite shows that often.

I love how the cupcakes are sparkly! I will usually watch anything on the FN, but I definitely love Giada. :D

Those cupcakes are so detailed – beautiful.

I love Panera, as you know :)

Ace of Cakes is a good one – Duff went to the school where I work. He’s our resident celeb :)

I’m with ttfn300 above, I cannot STAND Sandra Lee. Love Ina Garten (never trust a skinny cook… hehe)

Alton Brown – my favorite all day every day. It’s the closest thing Food Network has to the Discovery Channel. No, Food Detectives does not count.

I want to punch Rachel Ray in the face every time I see her.

I’m impressed by your cupcakes. Too bad I couldn’t TASTE one…

9. runeatrepeat says:

I eat that much and more when I go to Souplantation! I love it, but always walk away like I just had Thanksgiving dinner…

10. Paige says:

Oh I love love peanut butter puffins! I eat them as dessert…mmm

My favorite FN show is Barefoot Contessa. Mmmmm butter….

11. Rhett says:

Shelly and I are huge fans of the new show Chopped – we are seriously addicted. We also like DDD and Down Home with the Neelys. She also really loves The Barefoot Contessa and those Food Network Challenges (I don’t like those much unless they’re doing something I find interesting – sorry not into Disney or wedding cakes). We’re not big fans of Ace of Cakes and I find Rachel Ray to be pretty darn annoying. Also, I love the show where the mix in science with different food facts/trivia (it’s the science nerd in me…) Can you tell we watch a lot of Food Network? Watching all of it on the big screen HD TV helps too…

I always like to check your site Thursday night or Friday morning for a post with the latest line from The Office or 30 Rock (The Office was especially funny tonight I thought)..maybe I’ll see “Our balls are in your court” or “Night Cheese” :-)