Tweet This

Oh God, I did it. I finally broke down today and joined Twitter… so you guys all go follow me so I don’t feel like a huge loser, okay? It’s under Heather_Bakes. You can see the Tweet feed on the right. I’m still figuring this whole thing out, but not going to lie- can already feel the addiction setting in. Grrrreat.

We weren’t cooking in class today, so I was all excited to actually shower, put on makeup and wear real-life clothes to class. I heart me some stretchy chef pants, but it’s a pain in the butt to lug my huge tool kit to school every day. With all of the grooming going on, I didn’t have time to fix breakfast at home. Enter Green Spot’s glorious potato & egg breakfast tacos, and an Odwalla Strawberry-Pomegranate juice. Eaten dashboard-style.

taco1

taco2

We did cut up our soft caramels in class today. I wasn’t expecting much, but they were tons better than those crappy little Kraft caramels from the grocery store.

caramel

Our pastry class was quick and dirty today, and we got out early enough for me to meet my mom for lunch at Cafe Express.
I had the veggie chef salad (bastardized with capers, pickles and such from the “Oasis Table”) and a cup of turkey chili.

chef

chili1

I’ve been majorly slacking on the running lately, but this afternoon I managed to get in a glorious 3-miler. It was nice and breezy, and the ipod was cooperating (Paint It Black, a little Kings of Leon, MGMT). Sometimes you just need to sweat, you know? I probably could have gone farther but we were supposed to be at my parents’ at 6:30 to meet Jill and her fam at Monica’s Aca Y Alla. Half-price Tuesdays, y’know.

I had the Mexican Lasagna. The coulis was a little weepy- but at $5, who cares?

lasagna

Wow, three meals out in one day. That’s… not good. Hmm.

Off to watch the MAVS (!!!) and then bed. Smell ya later, kids.

This is inspired by Rose’s post tonight: How do you pull yourself out of a crappy mood?

This entry was posted in April 2009 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Tweet This

1. helpmeghanrun says:

Hmm…yoga for one. Realizing that if I want to, I can pull myself out of my bad mood. Or I can stay there and grab some chocolate and good TV if I need to. Surfing food blogs helps, as does talking to a friend. And I realize that I’m learning and growing through all experiences! :)

Why is your schooling so fabulous that you were able to cut caramels today. You are awesome.

Twitter – I signed up Sunday because Mark was like oh you should get the name Hangry Pants before someone else does. So, I did, but I have no idea how to use it and I don’t think I have anything interesting to tweet. :D

Go through a photo album. That will usually kick a bad mood to the curb. Memories work like magic.

Yoga for me, too!

I am about to follow you. And yes, this Twitter thing can get pretty addicting. I follow a lot of news sources, and let me tell you… for someone who rarely read/watched the news, I am so much more informed now.

Pulling myself out of a crappy mood: talking and writing about it on the blog and getting feedback from others :)

6. kathy says:

I’m badly in need of some of these crappy-mood fixes right about now, just no time for yoga or much of anything else except work! grrrr

I thought you were supposed to eat your way out of them. What?

8. wlubake says:

Three letters get me out of a bad mood: P-U-G. Also I play this game on my phone called bubble-breaker. It takes just enough thought and concentration to make you push everything else out of your mind, while not requiring enough to take any energy.

9. Marie says:

THANKS sooo much for the donation Heather! I really appreciate it!

So… my boyfriend is comng home with me today to Dallas.. (his first time here) So many new restaurants have opened up in the last 4 yrs… i don’t ever know where to begin!

Here’s the question.. if you had guests coming in, and you only had 4 days, which restaurants in dallas would you take them to that ONLY dallas has, and is know for..

ITS HARD!!! i know…. so i thought i’d ask you… since everything on your blog looks so good!

• heatherwlu says:

Marie- hmmm, good question! The Bishop Arts District is always a fun night, and Tillman’s Roadhouse is a definite favorite there. Also Twisted Root in Deep Ellum for burgers, The Grape on Greenville for a more “romantic” date night. Oh, and you have to take him for Tex-Mex. Joe T’s? Matt’s? Mi Cocina? I’ll keep thinking… maybe someone else will chime in on this…

Javier’s is a Dallas institution (but pricey).

Mattito’s is good Dallas tex-mex. Also, El Fenix downtown is another Dallas institution.

Sammy’s or Sonny Bryan’s BBQ.

S&D Oyster Company.

Fireside Pies.

All good places with local roots and/or history.

11. Nice meals!!

I hit the gym! A good run always lifts my spirits.

Or I pull out my scrapbooking stuff. Creativity requires a lot of thought and distraction :-)

12. Margie says:

I’m not sure I even understand what twitter is!

13. Todd says:

I have noticed that you have been majorly slacking on running, as your running buds are beginning to forget what you look like ….