No Mas… I'm Stuffed

Hello there, my sweet little blog friends. Have you had your margarita today? It IS Cinco de Mayo, after all. I’ve celebrated plenty, as you shall see…

I was up too late last night reading (don’t worry, NOT for school) and didn’t get enough sleep. I dragged myself out of bed with just enough time to throw on some mascara. It’s days like these that make me oh so glad that I get to wear a uniform to school. I guess it’s a nice trade-off for the fact that chef pants give you, as my brother calls it, “butt-front disease.” Lovely.

No time for oats. I had a bowl of plain Chobani yogurt with strawberries, Peanut Butter Puffins, sliced almonds and honey instead.

chobani

Today was my practical in Advanced Pastry. As I said yesterday, I made a swedish jelly roll with a lemon curd filling, along with a layer of raspberry jam and chopped berries.

roll1

roll2

It tasted great, but the berries thinned out the filling a little too much and it kind of oozed out the sides. No bueno. Regardless I got a 96. So yea for that.

Cinco de Mayo Tribute #1: LUNCH

Chipotle for a chicken burrito bol with black beans, veggies, corn, chipotle tabasco, sour cream and a side of guac. Ole.

chipotle

After this lovely lunch, my mom and I did a little shopping. She was super sweet and bought me a cute maxi dress (I’m going to live in these this summer) and a candle from B&BW. Oh, and she gave me her bottle of Child perfume- which I LOVE and at one point held hostage for about 6 months before she made me give it back. It’s made by this lady in East Dallas and only sold at two stores that I know of: Talulah Belle in Lakewood and Fred Segal in LA. I love Gina.

Cinco de Mayo Tribute #2: DINNER

We used to eat at Mariano’s Hacienda all the time, and I had a punch card to redeem for a free meal. So we headed there for dinner (along with half of Dallas, apparently). FYI- They’re running some kind of special with $1.25 margaritas through most of May, so you should check that out. I had the chicken fajita lights- “light” because they use less oil and more veggies.

fajita

I’m hosting our book club tomorrow night, so I need to tidy up a bit around here so they don’t see how we really live. Yikes. But first, I leave you with a shot of my favorite “pillow”:

chlopillow

I don’t know why she’s up there. Piper sometimes climbs up on the couch behind us- I think Chloe’s trying to copy her. And dear God, I look tired.

This one’s from Brian (obviously): What summer movies are you looking forward to?

The only movie I can even think of right now is Funny People. Though I just saw a preview for The Hangover and it looked pretty good.

This entry was posted in May 2009 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to No Mas… I'm Stuffed

1. runeatrepeat says:

I’m looking forward to the Davinci movie since I lalalove Tom Hanks. That jelly roll looks delicious & I don’t even like desserts with fruit in them!

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard.

I can’t believe that we’re already upon Summer. Man, time sure does fly.

3. Matt says:

well, I think the Jack Black and Michael Cera movie looks funny (I think it is called 1 A.D.). The Johnny Depp one where he plays John Dillenger looks like it will be good as well, but I can’t remember what it is called either.

Front butt – hahaha!!!

Tell Brian that I don’t even know what movies are coming out this summer, but I will let him know as soon as I find something I am excited about.

Show us a picture of your new dress! I love the summer dress uniform.

5. Momcat says:

Mariano’s Hacienda is our favorite restaurant. We go once a week, and Angel (our wonderful server) takes such good care of us. Try the Cilantro Snapper – moist, tender fish with lots of roasted garlic – mouth watering, must stop.

Pug pics – my favorite!

Summer movies – there are several that look good – definitely ‘Angels and Demons,’ ‘Julie and Julia,’ and I think Michelle Pfeiffer has a new one coming out.

What book did you decide on for book club?

6. Carolyn says:

What is butt-front disease?! If you’re going to continue in this profession, you seriously need to invest in some non-school-issued pants. Culinaryclassics.com has women’s tailored chef pants (you can even get them in long) and, wait for it… they’re boot cut. They changed my life.

7. Heather says:

PUBLIC ENEMIES!!! Depp. Bale. Tommy Guns. How can this movie go wrong? It CANNOT.

I’m a little bit excited about this one…

I need to find the PB Puffins you keep talking about- they look gooooood.

Angels and Demons, and I can’t.help.it but StarTrek (I know).