Here it is- finally! The cupcake recipe is mine, but I found the ganache online and it worked perfectly. The only way I might change this is to add chocolate chips to the cupcake batter…
Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
Makes 18 Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ C All-purpose Flour
- 1 ¼ C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 ¼ C Sugar
- ½ C Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- ½ C Milk
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350. Fill muffin tins with paper liners (or spray with cooking spray).
2. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer (medium speed) until fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time to butter and sugar. Allow first egg to incorporate before adding the next.
5. Add bananas to bowl and mix until incorporated.
6. Add half of flour mixture to mixer. Once that is blended, add milk and vanilla. Then add other half of flour mixture. Mix just until smooth but do not overmix.
7. Fill muffin tins about ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache: http://www.chow.com/recipes/12219
I followed this ganache recipe exactly. Just make sure that once you add the cream to the chocolate/PB mixture, you stir until completely smooth. Once cupcakes have cooled and ganache has thickened a bit (to a pudding consistency), dip the top of each cupcake in the ganache. Set aside and allow to set until tops are no longer sticky.
Enjoy!!! Leftover ganache can be stored in the fridge… and reaheated for an ice cream topping