Baby Buddha

Okay, for those of you wondering about the “Secret Target”- I’ll let you in on the deal. It’s on Plano Rd. at Spring Valley. Now don’t tell ANYONE.

I slept really, really late this morning, which is kind of a miracle considering the fact that our next door neighbors were taking down a giant tree in their backyard starting at around 7:30. Thank God for earplugs.

Breakfast was a good ol’ PB&J with super crunchy peanut butter and sour cherry spoonfruit:

Gourmet, no?

My mom took me to Red Hot and Blues for lunch before my doctor’s appointment. I had the combo with salad and a GIANT baked potato stuffed with pulled chicken:

Brian doesn’t like baked potatoes. I just don’t get that. What’s not to love? Especially when they’re stuffed with cheese, sour cream, BBQ…

Anyway, the *FINAL* doctor’s appointment went well. We had one last ultrasound to see if my baby-flipping techniques had paid off. Um, no. Jack is apparently sitting “Indian-style” in my pelvis, all 8 lbs of him, like a chubby, stubborn little Buddha.

So the eviction notice has officially been served. Next Tuesday at 5pm we go in for the c-section and he will officially become an outside baby. This freaks me out. I liked it better when there was some uncertainty as to when he would be here… it’s exciting but at the same time pretty terrifying, especially since I know the next few days are going to FLY by with the holiday weekend. Eek.

Okay, back to the food. Tonight we met Lauren for dinner at Matt’s in Lakewood (Tuesday = lunch prices all day). I had the chicken chile relleno with tomatillo sauce:

I’m going to miss eating all of this delicious fried food once Jack gets here… it’s officially back to tofu and quinoa :)

Favorite Thanksgiving dessert?

Me: My mom makes a cherry ambrosia salad that is awesome. She announced today that she wouldn’t be making it this year and I freaked… so now it’s back on the menu. Nice.

This entry was posted in November 2009. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Baby Buddha

1. Melissa S. says:

ah, sorry the flipping techniques didn’t work. but i’m sure everything will go great!

and i love apple pie with vanilla ice cream…so good.

Exciting! Baby Jack is only moments away from his debut!!

My favorite dessert at Thanksgiving is a toss up. I love my grandmother’s pumpkin cake with a rum glaze and carrot cake with mascarpone frosting.

3. susan says:

Your mother spoils you way to much. But that will stop really soon. Like next Tuesday when she offically begin spoiling JACK…You will become second fiddle. Oh so sad!! Lucky Jack.
    Praying for you sweet friend.

What an exciting time for you! This will certainly be a memorable Thanksgiving weekend. :) My favorite is pumpkin pie — mmmmm!

5. Matt says:

Like the true fat kid that I am, the best part about Thanksgiving desserts is not having to choose just one. Very similarly to what I do with the rest of the food on Thanksgiving, I eat everything in front of my face until I can eat no more, then take a small nap break before heading back to do it all over again. My family always stocked up on about every different pie you can think of. So, my typical victims, which you could call my favorites, are chocolate cream pie, coconut cream pie, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie (I am not the biggest fruit pie fan, but I will certainly eat it if I have no other options). I hope to have a bit of them all tomorrow.

Good luck with everything Heather and have a good Thanksgiving.

6. Evan Thomas says:

I think it’s pretty cool to know Jack’s birthday before he’s born.
    And I actually have to side with Brian here; since moving to college I’ve grown accustoed to microwaved potatoes. They’re crispier

My favorite is apple pie. But, I always have a piece of pumpkin because it just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without it. :)