Call Me Kobayashi

Thanks for all the what-to-do-today suggestions!!! The day actually ended up flying by. I woke up around 8:30 (Chloe was harassing Piper- thanks for letting me sleep in, PUG) and made a typical Heather breakfast of plain yogurt topped with a chopped apple, cereal and apple butter:

Then I caught up on blogs and emails. My mom called to check in a little later and I talked her into having lunch with me… Souper Salad:

Yeah, I didn’t fit into the booth there either :( My stomach is HUGE. I’ll get Brian to snap a final photo before we leave for the hospital tomorrow so you can marvel at the ridiculousness. I haven’t seen my toes or belly button in a couple of months.

The rest of the afternoon was spent running to the bookstore (my Mom: “You NEED a parenting book!!!!”), to the mall for a Gina errand, then to get a manicure so I don’t scare the poor child with my nasty cuticles.

I’ve come to terms with the whole c-section thing, but one part still concerns me. The surgery is at 5pm. I have to be at the hospital by 2:30. I’m not allowed to eat anything after 6am… and then they won’t let me eat again until 12 hours post-surgery. That’s 24 HOURS without food!!! When I was in junior high I attended a Christian summer camp and they made us fast for 8 hours… some type of servanthood thing (I obviously got a lot out of it, right?). Anyway, I pretty much thought I was going to waste away and die. Let’s just say I feel sorry for Brian around noon tomorrow.

SO- I decided that I needed to stuff my face tonight in preparation. We figured that Tony’s was an appropriate “last” meal, since it’s cheap, casual and comfy. Started with the house salad:

Then we split the fried ravioli. Not as good as Scalini’s toasted ravioli, but still good…

And then I ate half of this giant chicken and mushroom (they were out of pineapple) pizza.

Brian was complaining about how stuffed he was around the same time I suggested dessert. He obligingly hauled me to TCBY where I inhaled a Shiver with chocolate yogurt, bananas and chocolate chips.

(Have I mentioned that it’s back to eating clean once the baby is here??)

So this will probably be my last post for the week!!! Don’t worry, though… I’m going to try and have Brian post at least a short update tomorrow night (unless I’m clutching at his arm, begging for food), AND I have lots of awesome guest posts lined up for the rest of the week! Wish us luck tomorrow- I’ll miss you guys :)

This entry was posted in November 2009. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Call Me Kobayashi

1. Julie says:

What! they were out of pineapple???? But that is my fav.

Sending lots of love to you guys!!! Can’t wait to meet Jack!

2. Shannon says:

I’ll be thinking of you guys!!! Good luck, and can’t wait to see pictures :)

3. Tay says:

Ahhhh how exciting!!! Good luck tomorrow :-)

Congratulations! Tomorrow is going to be such a special and exciting day. Good luck and God bless.

5. I seriously can’t believe that you’re posting the DAY before you’re giving birth. You rock.
    I can’t wait to meet baby Jack next time I’m in Dallas!
    Good luck tomorrow – you’ll do awesome and it sounds like you have a fantastic support team!

6. Melissa S. says:

good luck and so excited to finally meet jack!!!

You go girl! It’s time! Whooo hooo!

8. Paige says:

Good luck and congratulations! I’ll be think of you all today :)

9. Good luck momma! Can’t wait for the update!!!

Oh my goodness Mama, I am getting chills just reading this. I am so excited for you!!!!! I can not wait to see that gorgeous boy of yours. You guys are gonna be AWESOME parents. Good luck today and savor every moment – even the tough ones. Trust me, it is ALL worth it.
    sending you lots of bloggy hugs,
    Sammie

11. molly says:

My thoughts are with you all today!! How exciting!!

I know you have concerns about tomorrow. I just kept telling
    myself “tomorrow at this time I will be holding my sweet baby”.
    Thinking of you all.

13. Happy Birthday, Master Jack!!! You are surely loved little one. Can’t wait to rock you. Heather, God is about to bless you beyond your imagination. Congratulations. I love you all. Auntie Niecey

I’ll be thinking about you guys!!

15. Jill says:

Good Luck today! I’ll be thinking about you guys today! I can’t believe baby Jack is going to be here today! So exciting! I can’t wait to meet him. :)

16. Marie says:

Good luck today Heather and Brian! I am so happy for the both of you and I will keep you in my prayers for a very speedy and safe delivery!

17. Evan Thomas says:

Good luck you two(soon to be three)! Looks like your last night was plenty filling, hope that gets you through today!

18. Robin Brant says:

Don’t worry! I was the same way. I didn’t get to eat anything all day, and Miller wasn’t delivered until 6:01 pm. I was so nervous and excited, I didn’t have time to think about being hungry. You also won’t feel like eating afterwards for quite some time. I think I went 48 hours without eating a thing but jello!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!

19. You go girl! You deserve all that delicious food!! Good luck! Can’t wait to hear updates!

20. Jenna says:

you are so lucky you get to indulge in all these delicious foods while you are pregnant!
    jenna