Hey! Good news! It’s almost Friday.
Before I had Jack, I got so restless just being at home. I was constantly coming up with things to do, errands to run, etc. NOW it’s a big deal run to the grocery store. We didn’t go anywhere today, which was actually kind of nice.
Guess what’s back at Target????
Pumpkin pie yogurt! And caramel apple, too.
So of course I had that for breakfast, along with 2 slices of toast- one with almond butter & Crofter’s Superfruit Jam, and one with butter and cinnamon sugar.
Jack actually took a decent nap this afternoon! He fussed for about 30 (long) minutes, but then fell asleep for an hour and a half! He’s so happy when he wakes up, too- it’s obvious that the rest does him good, once he stops FIGHTING it.
So while he was asleep, my dilemma was to figure out what to make for lunch from the randomness in our pantry. Sometimes desperation leads to the best results:
- 1 Box Near East Whole Wheat Couscous
- 1 Can Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Bag Steamfresh Broccoli Cuts
- 1/2 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/8-1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1. Prepare couscous according to package directions. I used chicken broth instead of water and added a tablespoon of olive oil to the broth.
2. Cook broccoli cuts in the microwave according to package directions.
3. In a small skillet, toast almonds over medium heat- tossing skillet frequently- until they’re fragrant and beginning to brown.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked couscous, broccoli, chickpeas, raisins and almonds.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, cumin, curry powder and garam masala. Pour mixture over couscous and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
It makes a HUGE bowl. I ate it warm but it would probably be great cold, too- very filling and easy to throw together while your kid naps
Tonight I went with Joy to her final wedding dress fitting. It was GORGEOUS!!! She’s getting married in exactly one month near Gruene and I can’t wait! She showed me a few pics of the decor and it’s going to be pretty fabulous.
While I waited for her to pick me up, Jack and I had a little photo session in the swing.
SWEET CHEEKS!!!! I want to eat them up.
How precious is he???
Happy, happy, happy.
Can you tell I love him? Like, a LOT.
After the fitting, Joy and I stopped at Houlihan’s for dinner. That place has a surprisingly good menu for a chain- I love all of the small plate options. But I had a big plate…
Veggie Sandwich (tuscan white beans, field greens, goat cheese, provolone, balsamic tomatoes, basil and red onions on whole grain bread) with a baked potato.
Oh, and we split these goat cheese-artichoke bites, which were delicious and not at all unhealthy.
Jack was up at 1am for a loooong feeding, so I’m exhausted. Hope everyone has a great weekend!