I think I’m going to do more of an outline post tonight. You see, I feel that I have a lot of random information to cover and that might be the most cohesive platform through which to convey this crucial, life-changing knowledge. Okay, then.
1. The Shark.
OH MY GOD. This thing is amazing. We were up until 1am playing with it- like literally fighting over who got to mop next. It’s kind of Mr. Wizard-ish. You plug it in and wait a few seconds, then it starts bubbling and puffing and steaming. Let me tell you: It got EVERYTHING off our hardwoods. You have to sweep or vacuum first, which is kind of a bummer, but then it gets all of the gross dried-on business right off. This is embarrassing, but look how nasty the pad was after just the living room.
2. If you need a quick lunch idea, I highly recommend mixing a can of drained chickpeas with a bag of steamed broccoli, then topping the whole thing with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parmesan, kosher salt and pepper. Even Jack liked it.
3. CVS is currently having their beauty clearance sale. I’d read online that many times the store doesn’t mark the product with a “50% off” or “75% off” sticker, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the makeup isn’t on sale. Luckily CVS has those in-store scanners that tell you the REAL price. I ended up with this haul:
- L’Oreal Hip Eyeshadow Duos: $2.09 (down from $8.49)
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Loose Powder: $3.75 (down from $14.99)
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Shadow/Liner (Pop Edition): $2.87 (down from $11.49)
- Revlon Age Defying Moisture Concealer: $2.49 (down from $9.99)
- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Mauve: $2.47 (down from $9.89)
- Revlon Classic Nail Polish in Cherry Berry: $1.37 (down from $5.49)
Some of the products are only on clearance for certain shades… you kind of just have to keep your eyes peeled and scan to be certain. I read online that the Coty Airspun Powder (in the cardboard container, not the new plastic) was 75% off, but on my receipt it looks like I was charged full price. Boo.
Sorry if that was waaaay more info than you needed. As you can see, I get really excited about drugstore makeup bargains If you’re interested, there’s a pretty comprehensive list of what’s on sale here.
4. I’m loving on some pecans right now. Our neighbors brought us a bag of fresh shelled pecans for Christmas, and they are ah-mazing… especially mixed with blueberries and TJ’s Pecan-Praline Granola.
5. La Duni at Northpark is a surprisingly good place to take kids. We did pay $6 for Jack’s meal (off the kids menu), but he got the same stuff that comes on the adult menu in only a slightly smaller portion- a well seasoned grilled chicken breast and a nice serving of plantains. None of that chicken finger/grilled cheese/corn dog junk.
I had the Slow Roasted Lomo sandwich- shaved pork loin, manchego, avocado, tomato and mayo on pan de yema. Yum.
5. NYE mani!!!!!!!!!
Okay, so we’re just going to the lake. Just the three of us, nothing too exciting… but I couldn’t resist. It’s Milani Gems over NYC French White Tip. A girl’s gotta have some bling every once in a while- especially with all of these stinky boys running around my house.
6. And on that note, I hope everyone has a safe, fun New Year’s!!!!! See ya in 2011