You know what’s making me SO happy at the moment? This.
Combined with my Marshmallow Fireside candle, our house smells and feels so warm and cozy. If it weren’t for the pug stink wafting over from my right…
Eagerly anticipating the chilly weather, today I made a big (HUGE) pot of potato soup in the slow cooker. I tried this recipe a while back and it needed a repeat. The only alterations I made were reducing the amount of potatoes (last time it wouldn’t fit in my crock pot) and garlic, and using light cream cheese.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Adapted from Mama Loves Food!
- 3 lbs Russet Potatoes, Washed (Not Peeled) and Diced
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Peeled but Whole
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbs Seasoned Salt
- 16 oz Neufchatel Cheese
1. Add potatoes, onion, broth and seasoned salt to slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours.
2. Fish all of the whole garlic cloves out of the slow cooker and add to food processor. Add half of broth/potato mixture to food processor, along with cream cheese. Puree.
3. Return pureed mixture to slow cooker and stir to combine.
4. Serve with green onions, bacon, shredded cheese, etc.
Oh, hey- and look what awesome trick Brian taught Jack.
Alongside we had BLT’s… I challenge you to find a better cold, rainy night meal (or at least an easier one).
Okay, there’s baseball to watch (er, half watch, half flip through magazines) and peppermint ice cream to eat. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!