Isla’s Digs

Now that Isla Grace is here, I’m SO SO SO excited to show you nursery pics!!! Decorating Jack’s room was fun, but so much of the boy baby stuff I found was either too cartoon-y or babyish. I’m not really into “themes” either.

This go-round, the problem was that I found too much that I liked. All of the girl stuff is adorable and there were so many good color options. I ended up going with a buttery yellow wall color (Martha Stewart Haystack) and coordinated with bright pink, turquoise and chocolate brown (since we were dealing with Jack’s espresso crib).

We really used a mix of old and new stuff.

New: The chevron rug is from Urban Outfitters, the light fixture (my favorite part of the room) is Land of Nod, and the bedding and lower-case letters are from Pottery Barn Kids. The white eyelet lanterns are Martha Stewart Crafts from JoAnne’s and I think my mom ordered the Isla print from Zulily.

I stretched fabric from City Craft into embroidery hoops. Super easy project.

Excuse the nap nanny in the crib… I don’t have anywhere else to store it at the moment.

Old: The glider was a Craig’s List find, the changing table is my old dresser from college (Brian painted it turquoise and added the knobs), the lamp is Shabby Chic from Target (purchased about 7 years ago). The green nightstand is also from college. The bird painting and the mirror are estate sale finds from my mom that were just stuck in random places in our house.

I hope you like it!! I’m kind of obsessed with this room right now and can’t wait to show Miss Isla Grace her new digs. Jack makes a daily pilgrimage in there to tell me, “Isla’s room is SO CUTE, Mommy.

Thanks for letting me gush. Hopefully by the time you’re reading this, I’ll be snuggling on some sweet bebe girl. XOXO.

This entry was posted in June 2012. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Isla’s Digs

1. Carolyn Ingrum says:

Love love love Isla’s nursery! I agree with Jack…SO CUTE!

I love Isla’s room, it is simply perfect!

3. Julie says:

Jack is so right! This room is PERFECT. Super cute, Heather and perfect for one Isla Baker.

4. I love, love, LOVE the nursery – it’s gorgeous! I’m sure little Isla will love her room, even moreso as she gets older. You did an incredible job!

H, it’s freakin’ amazing! Oh my gosh I love it! That light fixture is fabulous! You have such an eye for style and design. I hope you have another baby so you can do another room :) Congratulations on your little babu! xo

Heather, have you ever thought of being an interior decorator? Oh my gosh, the nursery is beautiful and your baby girl is too. So very happy for you.

7. Steph says:

LOVE it! So unlike any nursery I’ve seen, but in a good way! Congrats on your sweet baby girl!

I can’t wait to read your posts once you are home and adjusting to life with two. It helps me to know there are others out there with a toddler and newborn. Crazy, but so wonderful. =)

8. Joy says:

Isla’s room is SO cute, Heather!! I love the fabric hoops and the glider-what a great find! Isla is going to love it :)

9. Katie says:

This is all very PINTEREST worthy :)