It’s Go Time

Well, we survived day 1 without Brian. But honestly I can’t brag too much… my mom was here half the day (I can’t drive for 2 weeks, so she had to take Jack to and from school) and Jack was in Mother’s Day Out until 2:00. So most of the day was just Isla and me hanging out.

A lot of this.

And a LOT of nursing. According to my feeding tracker, Isla ate 14 times today for a total of 2 hours 51 minutes… and it’s only 9:30. Moooooooooo.

My aunt came over to meet Isla and gifted her with her first pair of TOMS. How awesome are these?? I want a pair.

Isla meets Aunt Kathy:

Not going to lie; I’m pretty tired. Both kids fell asleep at the same time this afternoon, so I was so excited to climb into bed for a nap… and then it started thundering like crazy. No rain, sun shining, but LOUD thunder. Meaning that Chloe went ape shit. So I spent the next hour trying to shut her up.

And then Jack woke up.

So no nap.

My parents are life-savers right now. My mom brought us dinner and my dad came over and played catch with Jack after work. I feel so bad for Jack because I can’t lift him right now, am feeding Isla 90% of the time, and it’s too hot to take the baby outside to play- so he’s probably wondering what the heck happened to his life. He’s so used to us go-go-going all the time to playdates, arboretum, to the pool, etc., and now we’re basically stuck at home. Hopefully I’ll be cleared to drive next week and we can do some fun stuff.

Anyway, dinner was rotisserie chicken, green bean casserole and yummy potatoes.

This entry was posted in June 2012. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to It’s Go Time

1. Steph says:

It’s tough to stay at home all the time when you’re used to being on the go! I’m getting a bit of cabin fever myself. =/

Thank goodness for family.

3. kelsey balch says:

I bet you’ll be able to drive in the next week or so… I am glad I am getting a glimpse of what two kiddos would be like… you make it look easy… your a good momma!

4. Joy says:

1) 14 times?! Holy cow. You are a rockstar.
    2) Those Toms are adorable!! I want some too!
    3) Isla is such a beauty!! She seems to have skipped over the newborn look entirely and looks like her own little person already. I love her eyes-so pretty!
    4) Hang in there-you are doing a great job and it will be easier before you know it!

5. Jenni says:

Loving your updates :) Isla is seriously beautiful!!! I saw your mom at LA on Tuesday and I told her not all newborns are very cute (I mean really, you know it’s true) but that Isla is seriously a cutie pie!!!

6. Nicole says:

Um, those Toms are the cutest things ever. That thunder was crazy and being tied to the house is no fun. You’re doing great with two adorable kids.