I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I really miss having one-on-one time with Jack. He’s my best little buddy and it’s really hard to devote much quality time with him when I’m always feeding/changing/placating Isla. I feel like all I ever say to him anymore is, “I can’t right now.” And then there was the whole four days in the hospital + recovery. He’s awesome about everything. It would almost be better if he would act out and be a miserable two year old instead of being so cool and mature, content playing by himself. Anyway, I finally got some good mommy-Jack time in today: this morning my mom watched Isla so I could take Jack to the splash park, then tonight I needed to run to the grocery store and he actually asked if he could go with me (usually he’s all about staying home with his toys). It just made me really happy to get some time alone with him. I need to make a point to do that more.
Tonight Kira brought over dinner and it was REALLY good: Crab & shrimp casserole, cucumber-tomato salad, rolls, chocolate angel food cake and strawberries.
The casserole was amazing. I pulled it out of the oven and almost ate half the dish just standing there with a fork. It tastes like a giant crab cake.
Here’s the recipe. Apparently it’s from a Junior League Cookbook- I’m adding Kira’s edits.
Crab and Shrimp Casserole
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked, deveined, shelled shrimp (or 24 oz frozen)
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4oz) pimento, sliced
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of cayenne
- Kira’s additions: Chopped green onion, chopped red pepper and lemon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Spoon mixture into greased baking dish. Bake at 220 for 1 hour. Raise heat to 350 and brown top for 5-10 minutes.
Good stuff. We have a playdate in the AM so I better head to bed. Night!