You know what I’m loving about this summer? SLEEP. No staying up late working on homework or projects, no getting up early to get the kids dressed and fed before school. Last night Brian and I actually made it to bed before 11- that never happens- and that was after catching up on Orange is the New Black (is this entire season going to be the prison riot??). Anyway, yay sleep.
We’ve kind of fallen into somewhat of a schedule: head to the gym for my 9:00 class, swing by Starbucks (cold brew + protein shake for me, the kids split a croissant), swimming lessons from 10:30-11:30, home for lunch, then a little quiet/rest time. The kids were begging to go swimming at my parents’ this afternoon, so I told them that I would take them IF they picked up all of their toys downstairs and cleaned their rooms. We’re working on chores buuuuuut it’s a slow process.
Anyway, they finally got everything picked up, swam for a couple of hours, then we swung by Trader Joe’s for groceries on the way home. I hadn’t used the Instant Pot in a while, but it’s really perfect for summer- doesn’t heat up the house like the oven, and I don’t have to hang out over the hot stove. I ended up making an improvised red curry with chicken. It was so simple:
Instant Pot Red Curry Chicken
- olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can mushrooms
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into chunks
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s red curry sauce
- 1 can light coconut milk
1. Set Instant Pot to Saute and heat olive oil. Add onions, peppers and sweet potato and saute for about 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken, mushrooms, curry sauce, coconut milk, and a little salt to taste. Stir to combine.
3. Set Instant Pot to manual for 20 minutes and close/seal lid.
4. After 20 minutes, quick release. Remove lid and set to saute. Simmer about 10 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens.
5. Serve with rice or naan. I also like to squeeze lime juice in mine… and add cilantro if you have it!
These 2 are key:
Voila… with TJ’s frozen naan:
Brian just set up our old Wii and the kids are FREAKING OUT. I guess it’s better than watching Minecraft videos on YouTube??